Autore Letto 3586 volte

Christoph Scheuermann

white water in liguria/toscana dec 15-18
* il: Dicembre 14, 2011, 02:15:58 pm *
Salve amici di fiumi!
Me and my friends consider to profit of the warm autumn weather in Liguria and come to paddle the rivers the next days. It seems having rain a bit last night and some of the rivers (Cicana, Vara, Frigido, Taverone) are possible to paddle. The idea is to arrive tomorrow (thursday morning) and to paddle 4 days on class 4 and 5. As we come from munich region (600 km) we should be sure that water levels are at least enough if not very good. What is your opinion about the levels? Weather forecast predict no rain for tomorrow and huge rain on friday (but only around la spezia, not so much in genova). Which rivers ae best for tomorrow?
Thanks a lot for your help. And maybe see you on the rivers!
Cheers,
Christoph. 

stefano caprile CCN

• Canoa Club Novara
Re: white water in liguria/toscana dec 15-18
* Risposta #1 il: Dicembre 14, 2011, 03:25:57 pm *
Hello Christoph!
At present all the rivers you mentioned seem to have a perfect level:
http://www.ckfiumi.net/idro/
So you can choose either Taverone, Bagnone, Cicana, Frigido .... as you like!
I would only suggest you to scout them carefully, since the flood in Liguria of a couple of months ago may have changed something.
If the forecast of huge rain is true, than the levels might be too high afterwards. Keep an eye on our hydrometers page during next days.
If the levels are OK, I may come to Liguria next sunday: will you still be there?
Enjoy your holiday in Italy!

Stefano
Stefano CCN

Andrea Gangemi

• La vita e` un lungo traghetto.
    • la sezione kayak di harzack
* Risposta #2 il: Dicembre 14, 2011, 06:10:16 pm *
Hi Christoph,

I would only suggest you to scout them carefully, since the flood in Liguria of a couple of months ago may have changed something.

For instance, I just had indirect informations but looks like Caprio river has changed a lot after the flood.

Rivers levels in Liguria can change very quickly.
Two weeks ago we went for Cicana but it was unrunnable (less than 24h before was ok), at the same time Bagnone was too high, you need to be a little patient but I'm sure you'll enjoy the holiday ;)

Ciao

Andrea Gangemi
www.alpikayak.it
Canoa Senza Frontiere - Torino

Francesco Balducci

* Risposta #3 il: Dicembre 15, 2011, 10:01:57 pm *
Today it's ok Gottero, lower Sturla, Bagnone and Vara's gorges. Tomorrow ( 16 dec ) I'll paddle in Gottero if you want come with us, and we hope on the  big rain for the weekend( Ruschia, Cicana, Isolona, Rio Chignero ? ) Francesco

Christoph Scheuermann

* Risposta #4 il: Dicembre 17, 2011, 02:34:07 pm *
Hello to all fast responders.
thanks a lot for that quick estimation. as we had to decided within few hours on wednesday we opted for saalch in salzburg region.
very low volume creeking but water for sure. and just 2 hours of drive instead of 7. hope to meet you once on the river. i will start a new attempt in feb or march 2012.
Cheers,
scheuer.