Autore Letto 18007 volte

Frank

• fez
    • wildwasserboard
Re: trasformazione temporanea k1 in c1
* Risposta #15 il: Giugno 29, 2011, 07:40:39 pm *
I saw that you wrote "temporanea"...  :-\
I would say this it not that easy as long as you want a really good C1.

Dani Ckfiumi

• In caso d' acqua
* Risposta #16 il: Giugno 29, 2011, 09:11:35 pm *
I saw that you wrote "temporanea"...  :-\
I would say this it not that easy as long as you want a really good C1.

Frank, what about the "prototype" you spoke about  saturday evening?
If I understood correctly, there is something you can use at the very beginning
.. just to try.  Have you got some useful photos?
What if you knew everything you did online was being watched, followed, stored and sorted by sophisticated algorithms that were profiling you in real-time. Would it change how you behave? ..
Brave New World. Use https://brave.com Luke !

Frank

• fez
    • wildwasserboard
* Risposta #17 il: Giugno 29, 2011, 10:04:23 pm *
Dani, what I talked about was not a prototype, it was about the C1/OC1-Seat that Dagger once bulit when they still were producing C1 and OC1. You can put these seats very easy in a kajak and transfer it to a C1 - but they are VERY hard to find these days.
Here you can see a modern version of this seat that a guy in California produces, just to know how something looks. The original Dagger-seat was made of plastic and had no good possibilities to adjust straps:

Adriano Bortolini

• Md Member
* Risposta #18 il: Giugno 30, 2011, 09:29:25 am *
Hello Frank,
thanks for your contribution. I logged on to the links that I've reported and there are some very interesting things. I also saw the evolution of the californian project (made of plastic and foam) beautiful, but I think very expensive like as the original project.
In any case they are useful starting points to build something more economical home made, perhaps from a fiberglass structure rather than the coast, although aesthetically beautiful, carbon fiber.

I saw the pictures of your ride on Soca, beautiful!

My experience in this field is limited to the traditional canadian canoes, rented at places like the Ardeche. I had a good control of the boat and I was fascinated by the type of paddling, so as to push me to try on a boat and smallest manageable.

Ciao!
Adriano

Frank

• fez
    • wildwasserboard
* Risposta #19 il: Giugno 30, 2011, 07:16:00 pm *
* Ultima modifica: Giugno 30, 2011, 07:17:44 pm da Frank *
Hello Adriano,

A basic start to build a C1 with glass you can see here: http://www.xekaup.de/C1_engineering.htm . I build my first C1 like this (its the Nomad of the riverrunner-link)

But as you tried an open boat first you could also start with paddling an OC1! They are way more stable than a C1 and also a bunch of fun (even if Dani doesn`t believe me  ;) ) In Germany at least you can buy used ones for a reasonable price. I also have one to sell, a Dagger Quake, this is the most stable and easiest rolling boat that I know. A great riverrunner that is not produced anymore.  :'( The only downside of this boat is that it is very "wet" as we say, meaning that it takes over alot of water. But I could build a pump for you like I use it in my actual open boat. http://www.wildwasserboard.de/t1312f12-Dagger-Quake.html For 600 € you could have it including airbags.

Here you can see what can be done with an Quake and with other beautiful OC1!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/2331197567

Cheers !

Frank

Adriano Bortolini

• Md Member
* Risposta #20 il: Luglio 01, 2011, 01:10:33 pm *
Dear Frank,
thanks for the links that I've been through, I saw your first projects: simple but functional.

With regard to OC1, and know the same I saw a lot of video clips, are certainly more easy to use than the C1-kayaking, more stable and I saw what you have, beautiful.

One of my problems is the available space where to put the boat and for this reason I prefer have a kayak to can use in two different configurations according to the whishes or needs of the moment, knowing to meet a lot of problems linked to the different posture inside the boat, different paddling techniques, boat control, ect..
Thanks for your offer and for all informations
Ciao!
Adriano

solidred

• Md Member
* Risposta #21 il: Settembre 19, 2011, 11:53:44 am *
Ciao Adriano, qualora non avessi ancora risolto, il materiale che cerchi per costruire sella e bulkhhead lo puoi trovare ad un costo ragionevole da Ozone a Treviso, te lo possono vendere a porzioni di gfoglio, che è spesso circa 10 cm e grande a piacimento, incollati due o 3 strati puoi sagomare la sella che puoi anche collegare al bulkhead che altro non è che l'alloggio per le ginocchia. Di tutto ciò puoi trovare molti riferimenti sia sul sito di mowak canoe, o sul sito cboats americano ma che ha molti riferimenti di come trasformare un k in un ottimo c senza spendere una follia. La soluzione con il bulkhead in acque impegnative e per un c, è da preferire a mettere le cinghie in quanto l'uscita è più facile, già hai il paraspruzzi da togliere, anche se comunque al 90 % l'eskimo è molto efficace e risolutivo per un c boater. ciao. pier

P.S.:
Hi Frank

Adriano Bortolini

• Md Member
* Risposta #22 il: Ottobre 24, 2011, 10:16:13 am *
Solidred,
scusa se rispondo in ritardo ma mi sono accorto solo oggi del tuo messaggio.
Provero' a passare da Ozone, dato che per Natale andro' da quelle parti e mi faro' consigliare da loro su cosa prendere, probabilmente hanno del materiale che va bene senza stare a sbattermi molto in giro.

Grazie per i consigli.

Ciao!
Adriano